Physical Therapy Services
Physical Therapy Overview
As physical therapists our job is to help our patients overcome their physical impairments whether they are caused by injury, illness, or surgery. Specifically, our goal is to mitigate dysfunction in the body to improve functionality, restore range of motion, and eliminate pain. We accomplish this through customized training programs that combine manual, exercise, and technical modalities designed to allow your body to perform optimally in your everyday life. Throughout the process we also seek to educate our patients on preventative measures they can incorporate to prevent future issues.
At United Physical Therapy we pride ourselves in a personalized approach to our patients’ recovery process. We take the time to understand the nature of each individual case, and customize a rehabilitation program that takes into account the patient’s specific needs and limitations. In every case, we utilize a combination of alternative and traditional modalities and treatments to help our patient fully recover. Our goal is always to release our clients from therapy fully functional, demonstrating optimal range of motion, and pain free.
How we can help
- Post-Operative Rehabilitation
-You’ve gone under the knife, and are looking to get back to your normal day-to-day. We can help you regain the strength and stability you’ll need to get back to everyday living, as well as the education you’ll need to better protect your body from future injury.
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
– Whether it’s bones, joints, muscles, tendons, ligaments, or whatever part of your musculoskeletal system you’ve injured, we can help you get those dysfunctional parts of your body functioning right again. Through a combination of manual and exercise therapy, we will help you recover the strength, dexterity, and stability you may have lost due to injury.
- Back Injuries
– The spine and supporting muscles of the back are one of the most frequent injuries we encounter. Our full-spectrum treatment for back injuries helps to relieve pain and release tension in the muscles of the back, improves functional range of motion and core strength to stabalize the area, and prevents future trauma by training the patient in functional, safe movements for day-to-day life.
- Sports Medicine
– For our athletes, we understand how important it is to get back on the field as quickly, and as close to 100% as possible. We apply a combination of alternative and traditional modalities to remove pain, build up strength and range of motion, and ultimately to maximize performance to get them back in the game as good, if not better, than they were before.